This logo for one of Singapore's oldest bookseller features its former flagship building located in Stamford Road. MPH traces its history back to 1890 when it started off as the Amelia Bishop Press. Over the years, its name underwent various changes to American Methodist Press, Methodist Publishing House, Malaya Publishing House, Malaysia Publishing House and MPH.
In 1908, the organisation moved into a new three-storey red-brick and plaster building designed by architectural firm Swan and Maclaren. This Edwardian-style building became the bookseller's logo during a revamp, which included a new advertising campaign by the agency DYR.
In 2002, MPH sold the building to Vanguard Interiors and it ceased being its flagship store. The building was gazetted for conservation on 1 December 2003.