Editorial Board: Ang Kheng Leng, Ong Eng Hung, Low Ah Leng, E. J. Seow, Alfred H. K. Wong
Originally started as The Journal of the Society of Malayan Architects, it was renamed Rumah (Malay for 'home') from this second issue. It was the official organ of an organisation formed in 1958.
The society was reconstituted in 1961 as the Singapore Institute of Architects. In June 1966, it changed the name of its journal to the SIAJ: Journal of the Singapore Institute of Architects.